Monday, December 22, 2014

Take A Break With Mandalas

I don't know about all of your, but I'm about spent at this point before Christmas!  Everything's knitted, sewn, embroidered, and appliqued and there are actually two whole days left before the big day - this is a minor miracle in my world.  So now it's time to recharge!  I've found looking at mandalas to be soothing and restful - here are several from fiber artists.

This quilted mandala was created by Grace Errea.  See her website for more info and beautiful quilts.


Making a crocheted mandala has been on my list for quite some time, but somehow I've never gotten around to it!  This may be the pattern that gets me going.  It's provided free on the website of South African artist Zelna Olivier here.


This gorgeous tie-dye mandala comes from truetiedye.com.


I used to do quite a bit of beading and this beaded mandala could get me interested in that again!  It can be found in the Etsy shop of Ecuadorian artist Catalina Lasso here.


And finally, there's this beautiful silk and felt piece, Five Elements Mandala by Evita Schvallbe.  Be sure to take a while to browse through her website - very inspiring!



Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment