Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Inspiration - Felting

I've been looking at felting artists lately - getting inspired to do some more of it this fall - and wanted to share these three gorgeous pieces I found.

This amazing felted purse was created by a Russian artist - here's the link to her page, but I'm afraid I can't figure out what her name is.  If anybody can navigate around Russian enough to do that, let me know and I'll edit it in.  I love the colors, the thinly felted roses and leaves, the sprays of pearls ... gorgeous! Edit:  Her name is Olga Gulyaev - thank you, Dad!


I really like how Finnish artist Renatos Veltinis uses needle felting to create what almost looks like watercolor sketches.  These birds are great!  Be sure to look at her blog - it has many amazing felted creations.


And heading over to Norway, these vibrant poppies were created by Lise.  Like with the change purse above, I'm intrigued with the way she used wool as a medium to create painting-like pieces.  She also felted in some silk to give it a bit of sparkle.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

3 comments:

  1. All three are gorgeous! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is real artist. Beautiful work! Have a crafty weekend. Regula

    ReplyDelete